Dear Cookie Butter S'mores,
I love you, now get in my belly.
Dinner this weekend was enjoyed fire side.
First off we made some freaking delicious tacos.
Green chili chicken and black bean tacos on a habanero lime tortilla with the works (aka cheese, cilantro, jalepeno, tomato, spinach, and avocado)
- 1/2 cooked rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- black beans (1 can)
- green chilies (1 small can)
- 1 jalepeno
- 1 small onion
- extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado
- your favorite type of tortilla shells
- your favorite taco seasoning or make up your own like we did
- diced garlic
- sriracha (if you want) or another type of hot sauce
- Shred about half of a rotisserie chicken, we got one from Harris Teeter
- In a frying pan add a few tablespoons of olive oil and heat.
- Dice up half of an onion and cook in the pan for a few minutes to soften
- Add chicken, a can of green chilies, and your favorite taco seasonings. (we used chili powder, garlic powder, and some seasoning salt
- Then add half of a diced jalepeno, and a couple pinches of cilantro to the pan and cook for a few minutes until all of it is warmed through
- Dump a can of black beans in a microwaveable bowl, dice up and add the other half of the small onion, a heaping tablespoon or two of diced garlic, and a good squirt of sriracha sauce. Microwave until beans are hot.
- Throw your tortilla shells on the grill for a hot minute
- Dice up whatever veggies you want and assemble
Time for my favorite part of any meal.
The sugary finish.
WHY HELLO THERE COOKIE BUTTER
(you can find this at Trader Joes, if not peanut butter will work as well)
Our fire was going pretty hot at this point.
- s'mores supplies, duh (we used dark chocolate)
- Trader Joe's crunchy cookie butter
- I'm not going to tell you how to roast your mallow, just get it all nice and melty like
- smear a nice heaping glob of cookie butter
- assemble as normal