So this pie is pretty darn delicious if I do say so myself.
I went the easy way out and bought pre-made pie crust, which I wish I didn't do because this pie would have been just soo ohh much better with a homemade one.
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 3 fresh ripe peaches
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling on top of the the pie)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- pie crust
( aww it's a little jam thumbprint!)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Combine peaches (slice and remove skin) and blueberries in a bowl
- In a small bowl combine dry ingredients
- Zest lemon and ginger into the fruit
- Add the dry ingredients to the fruit and mix
- lay out your bottom pie crust and pre-bake ( which I didn't do but it still turned out sorta ok, just a little doughy on the bottom)
- Once pie crust has pre-baked add the fruit, top with pats of butter, then top with the other pie crust, brush over egg wash on top and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon
- Move oven rack that will hold the pie to bottom third of the oven and bake for 15 minutes on 425 then reduce 350 and bake for 50-55ish minutes. (may want to place cookie sheet under the pie as it will bubble over)
- EAT and try not to dribble all over your clothes.