Welp. It's finally getting cold around these parts and I don't like it one bit. I do, however, very much enjoy the tastes of Fall. This Pistachio Almond Cake (click for recipe) came out just delicious with the addition of the most tastiest homemade ganache I've ever had. Seriously y'all, it was silky smooth and damn delicious! We had to improvise with the cake a little bit because we COULD NOT find unsalted pistachios! Once shelled we soaked those bad boys for about 20 minutes to rid them of as much saltiness as possible!
Stay tuned as there will be a fun little short film featuring this delicious Fall treat coming soon!
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- zest of one orange
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 10 oz of dark chocolate chips
- zest orange into a sauce pan
- add creams and slowly heat until boil, stirring constantly
- place chocolate in a bowl. When cream is ready pour over chocolate, add butter, and stir until incorporated.
- allow to cool slightly before frosting your cake