The word road trip is synonymous with gas station snacks, fast food, and in general any bad-for-you-food that tastes so good but then feels so bad (hello indigestion).
Personally, I'm a chocolate ADDICT so when I'm traveling (or just living life in general) and there's nothing chocolatey stashed in the glove compartment/pantry, then you can bet I'll go sniffing some out during the next pee break.
So in order to keep us ALL on track here's a super easy, fast, and HEALTHY(ish) cookie recipe for you to make the next time you're feeling lazy and tempted to snag one of those half priced candy bars staring you in the face at checkout.
- 1 cup of your favorite natural nut butter (PB for me, obviously. The good shit and extra crunchy if you're in it.
- 2.5 cups of organic oatmeal
- 8 ounces of your fav. dark chocolate bar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 ripe nanners
- Preheat oven to 350 F and wash your hands (those puppies are about to get dirty)
- In a small bowl mash up nanners
- Chop up chocolate bar to desirable chunks
- Squish n' squash everything together with your hands, I find it is easier to get everything blended that way (don't worry the dough should be pretty sticky)
- Place on lined cookie sheet, press down dough balls as they don't spread, and bake for about 10 minutes
- Stuff face with molten cookies but save a few for the road.